Call to support Otter Rotters
A Honiton councillor has urged the community to support an East Devon-based social enterprise group that provides kerbside green waste collections across the district.
East Devon District Councillor Phil Twiss made the plea during a meeting of Honiton Town Council when discussing Otter Rotters.
He explained that it was a social enterprise group that had a formal contract with East Devon District Council to collect green waste and that the local community should buy the service from Otter Rotters.
He said: “The misconception is that we are going around whacking up charges; nothing could be further from the truth.”
Cllr Twiss said that EDDC pass on Devon County Council recycling credits and helps promote Otter Rotters’ services on its website.
You may also want to watch:
“Otter Rotters is a very successful enterprise. It is successful at the moment and has the support of East Devon District Council - we urge all residents in East Devon to support them as well,” he added.
“We support them to the hill.”
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The meeting heard that costs were increasing as a result of having to take the collected waste to Hill Barton for with the added fuel needed to get there.
Otter Rotters is a not-for-profit organisation, which provides kerbside collections of green waste including Honiton, Dunkeswell, Feniton, Payhembury, Ottery St Mary, and Sidmouth.
The community group has been running a garden waste collection scheme for more than 10 years
For more information about the service call 01404 549055 or 07837 477050. The collection bags and tags can now be purchased online by visiting www.otterrotters.co.uk and using the PayPal feature.