Calling all superheroes
MP backs superhero-themed wear it pink day campaign to fund research into breast cancer.
Honiton and Tiverton MP Neil Parish is backing the fight against breast cancer and is urging his constituents to show their support by taking part in wear it pink day.
The Breast Cancer Campaign event, now in its 10th year, will be centred on the theme of superheroes and will take place nationally next month.
Mr Parish said: “Every year in the UK, around 48,000 women and 340 men are diagnosed with breast cancer.
“This is why we all need to support wear it pink day on October 26, so that Breast Cancer Campaign can continue to fund research which will one day lead to a cure.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to register to receive a free fund-raising pack visit www.wearitpink.co.uk
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Runner-up spot for Honiton team