Calling all young writers
2013 East Devon Young Writers competition launched.
Calling all budding young writers - let your imaginations run wild and enter the 2013 East Devon Young Writers Competition.
The competition, now in its sixth year, is run by Honiton and District Writer’s Group and is sponsored by The Gibbons Family Trust.
It is open to juniors aged five to eight, seniors 11 to 15, and 16 to 18 year olds.
Young writers are being challenged to write an original story of up to 750 words on any subject they like.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was a great success last year attracting 300 entries.
The entries will again be judged by popular children’s writer T M Alexander, author of the Tribe series of books.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying
Sixty three junior schools and nine senior schools are being asked to get involved but any boy or girl in East Devon can enter.
Six winners will be chosen from the two junior age groups 5 to 8 and 9 to 11 and six from the two Senior age groups 11 to 15 and 16 to 18.
Each will receive a signed framed certificate, a generous gift token and an authors signed book during a reception in early December.
All entries have to be in by October 31.
Stories should be sent with a title and a separate sheet with the entrants name, age, telephone number and address to John Carter, Smokey House, Yarcombe, Honiton, Devon EX14 9AD.
Honiton and District Writers Group meets at 7.30 on the first Thursday of every month, accept August, in the Monkton Court Hotel, Monkton. For more information contact Mr Carter on email@example.com or 01404 861353.