Can you wipe out East Devon’s pests?
EDDC seeks tenders for pest control contract.
EAST Devon District Council(EDDC), which deals with around 1,100 requests for domestic pest control treatments a year, would like to hear from businesses interested in providing the service.
A contract for the work is being put out to tender.
Residents pay for the treatments at the point of delivery.
“By far the most frequent reported pest is rats,” said a council spokesman. “To help keep the cost of treatment down, this is subsidised by EDDC so that residents only have to pay �20 plus VAT. “
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for tenders is September 10 and the new one-year contract starts on 1 November 2010.
To find out more, visit http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/pest_control or call the council’s environmental health technical officer, Lucy Turner, on (01395) 571645.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 8 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 9 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council