Can you wipe out East Devon’s pests?
EDDC seeks tenders for pest control contract.
EAST Devon District Council(EDDC), which deals with around 1,100 requests for domestic pest control treatments a year, would like to hear from businesses interested in providing the service.
A contract for the work is being put out to tender.
Residents pay for the treatments at the point of delivery.
“By far the most frequent reported pest is rats,” said a council spokesman. “To help keep the cost of treatment down, this is subsidised by EDDC so that residents only have to pay �20 plus VAT. “
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for tenders is September 10 and the new one-year contract starts on 1 November 2010.
To find out more, visit http://www.eastdevon.gov.uk/pest_control or call the council’s environmental health technical officer, Lucy Turner, on (01395) 571645.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 William conquers 200 books
- 4 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 5 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 6 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local