Cancer charity cancels meeting to drum up support in Honiton
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World s Biggest Coffee Morning.
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hoped to drum up more support for the annual event during a preview meeting, due to be held at Montgomery's Hotel on Thursday.
However, Macmillan spokesman Calvin Lovelock said lack of support meant the event had to be cancelled.
"There were plenty of people to invite," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"But we had a poor response, because people were either away or entertaining family.
"I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trying it again in the future."
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
Mr Lovelock believed bad timing was to blame for the lack of support, with the event planned to take place during the school summer holiday.
However, it's not all bad news for Macmillan. Elain Montgomery, of Montgomery's Hotel, has agreed to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on September 25.