Cancer charity cancels meeting to drum up support in Honiton
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World s Biggest Coffee Morning.
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hoped to drum up more support for the annual event during a preview meeting, due to be held at Montgomery's Hotel on Thursday.
However, Macmillan spokesman Calvin Lovelock said lack of support meant the event had to be cancelled.
"There were plenty of people to invite," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"But we had a poor response, because people were either away or entertaining family.
"I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trying it again in the future."
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Mr Lovelock believed bad timing was to blame for the lack of support, with the event planned to take place during the school summer holiday.
However, it's not all bad news for Macmillan. Elain Montgomery, of Montgomery's Hotel, has agreed to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on September 25.