Cancer charity cancels meeting to drum up support in Honiton
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World s Biggest Coffee Morning.
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hoped to drum up more support for the annual event during a preview meeting, due to be held at Montgomery's Hotel on Thursday.
However, Macmillan spokesman Calvin Lovelock said lack of support meant the event had to be cancelled.
"There were plenty of people to invite," he said.
"But we had a poor response, because people were either away or entertaining family.
"I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trying it again in the future."
- 1 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Former Seaton bank to become shop
- 5 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 6 Police investigate assault at Axe Vale Show
- 7 Colyton Grammar team wins a national engineering competition
- 8 Chilcotts youngest auctioneer to feature in BBC show
- 9 Neighbourhood plan launched for Broadclyst
- 10 Dorset folk dou performing in Colyton next month
Mr Lovelock believed bad timing was to blame for the lack of support, with the event planned to take place during the school summer holiday.
However, it's not all bad news for Macmillan. Elain Montgomery, of Montgomery's Hotel, has agreed to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on September 25.