Cancer charity cancels meeting to drum up support in Honiton
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World s Biggest Coffee Morning.
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hoped to drum up more support for the annual event during a preview meeting, due to be held at Montgomery's Hotel on Thursday.
However, Macmillan spokesman Calvin Lovelock said lack of support meant the event had to be cancelled.
"There were plenty of people to invite," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"But we had a poor response, because people were either away or entertaining family.
"I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trying it again in the future."
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 4 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 5 800th anniversary makes town's celebrated event a hot topic this year
- 6 Adjusting to cricket's new points-average system
- 7 Cranbrook's minister praises town as she says goodbye
- 8 Axe Valley Runners in Exeter Quay race
- 9 East Devon enterprises applaud council for rapid response to covid funds
- 10 Home care business receives prestigious national popularity award
Mr Lovelock believed bad timing was to blame for the lack of support, with the event planned to take place during the school summer holiday.
However, it's not all bad news for Macmillan. Elain Montgomery, of Montgomery's Hotel, has agreed to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on September 25.