Cancer charity cancels meeting to drum up support in Honiton
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World s Biggest Coffee Morning.
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has cancelled an event in Honiton which aimed to promote the World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
The charity hoped to drum up more support for the annual event during a preview meeting, due to be held at Montgomery's Hotel on Thursday.
However, Macmillan spokesman Calvin Lovelock said lack of support meant the event had to be cancelled.
"There were plenty of people to invite," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"But we had a poor response, because people were either away or entertaining family.
"I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trying it again in the future."
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Have your say on future development of village
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
Mr Lovelock believed bad timing was to blame for the lack of support, with the event planned to take place during the school summer holiday.
However, it's not all bad news for Macmillan. Elain Montgomery, of Montgomery's Hotel, has agreed to take part in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on September 25.