Cancer Support Days in Axminster
THE first in a series of Cancer Support Days was held at The Awareness Centre last month. Nine people turned out for the Axminster Cancer Information and Support (ACXIS) event. There were talks on holistic approaches to cancer, nutrition and art therapy,
THE first in a series of Cancer Support Days was held at The Awareness Centre last month.
Nine people turned out for the Axminster Cancer Information and Support (ACXIS) event. There were talks on holistic approaches to cancer, nutrition and art therapy, and visitors took part in relaxation and visualisation sessions.
Local company 'Emma and Pickles' (www.chemochic.co.uk) allowed people to try their headwear - an alternative to wigs when hair is lost as a result of cancer treatment.
Emmay Way, a former cancer patient, developed the headwear range following her own experience.
You may also want to watch:
The next Support Day will take place on Sunday, April 19. This will include talks from Alison Batchelor, the Lymphoedema Nurse Specialist at St Margaret's Hospice and Chard-based GP, Dr Andrew Tresidder.
Relaxation, visualisation sessions, hand massage, healing, art therapy, nutrition information and taster sessions in a variety of complementary therapies will be available on the day.
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 School recognised for appliance of science
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
The cost is �5 and places can be booked by contacting the Awareness Centre. If you would like to find out more about AXCIS, please contact the Awareness Centre on 01297 32331 or visit www.awarenesscentre.org.uk .