Candle burns out of control

PUBLISHED: 14:08 22 July 2008 | UPDATED: 22:07 15 June 2010

TWO fire appliances were sent to the Church Street home of a Honiton pensioner last Sunday, after it was feared a candle was burning out of control.

TWO fire appliances were sent to the Church Street home of a Honiton pensioner last Sunday, after it was feared a candle was burning out of control.Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescuse Service was called to the property at 3.04pm."A candle was burning out of control and, although she had thrown it into the kitchen sink, she was unable to extinguish it," said a spokesperson.A crew from Ottery was stood down after firefighters from Honiton arrived at the scene first and assessed the situation."The fire was extinguished with a damp cloth," the spokesperson added.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald