Car blaze on A30
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters called to tackle a car on fire in the middle of the carriageway.
A car was left severely damage after a fire and was found well alight by firefighters on the A30 between Monkton and Honiton.
The incident occurred on Saturday just before 4pm.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews found a car in the middle of the carriageway well alight. Crews went to work extinguishing the fire using compressed air foam, hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus.
“Devon and Cornwall Police were also in attendance as the car was blocking part of the carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
“The car was severely damaged by fire.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery