Car break-ins, Lyme Regis
THREE cars have been broken into at Charmouth Road car park, Lyme Regis, between August 29 and 31.
Two of the cars had a window smashed to gain entry – but three windows were smashed on the third car, in what police believe was a bungled attempt to open centrally locked doors.
Nothing has been reported as stolen from any of the vehicles at this time.
Pc Richard Winward said: “All the victims were visitors to the area. Lyme Regis generally does not suffer
“ from thefts from vehicles, and this is particularly disappointing. The offender had absolutely no regard for the victims who had to face the expense and inconvenience of repairing their vehicles, as well as the upset of being a victim of a crime.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 01305 222 222.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis