Car break-ins, Lyme Regis
THREE cars have been broken into at Charmouth Road car park, Lyme Regis, between August 29 and 31.
Two of the cars had a window smashed to gain entry – but three windows were smashed on the third car, in what police believe was a bungled attempt to open centrally locked doors.
Nothing has been reported as stolen from any of the vehicles at this time.
Pc Richard Winward said: “All the victims were visitors to the area. Lyme Regis generally does not suffer
“ from thefts from vehicles, and this is particularly disappointing. The offender had absolutely no regard for the victims who had to face the expense and inconvenience of repairing their vehicles, as well as the upset of being a victim of a crime.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 01305 222 222.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon