Car destroyed by fire at Colyford
- Credit: Archant
Seaton fire crew called out to blazing vehicle at Colyford late on Tuesday night
A car was left almost destroyed after catching fire on a public road at Colyford last night (Tuesday).
A Seaton fire crew was called to Seaton Road just after 11.15pm and found the car to be well alight.
Fire fighters wore breathing apparatus and used hoses to put out the flames.
The engine compartment and three quarters of the rest of the car was destroyed, the fire service said.
The cause is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route