Car fire in Honiton caused by catalytic converter

PUBLISHED: 11:00 04 September 2016

Archant

A car fire in Honiton was extinguished by firefighters on Monday (August 29).

The incident happened outside a property in Kings Road at 8.08pm.

Crews confirmed that the fire was caused by an overheated catalytic converter, and put the blaze out with a hose reel jet and used a thermal imaging camera.

Before leaving the scene, crews made the vehicle safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald