Car fire on A30
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters and police attend the scene.
A car was ‘severely damaged’ following a fire on the A30 eastbound carriageway between the Patteson Cross and Daisy Mount junctions.
Firefighters from Honiton and Ottery St Mary attended the incident at 11.09am today (Wednesday) and found the hybrid Smart car well alight.
Compressed air foam and breathing apparatus were used to tackle the blaze.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The hybrid vehicle was severely damaged by fire. The cause is believed to be accidential.”
You may also want to watch:
Police were also in attendance.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020