Three vehicles damaged after car torched in Honiton overnight
- Credit: Archant
A car was set alight deliberately in the early hours of Thursday morning (November 14).
The incident happened at around 2.30am in Rookwood Close, Honiton.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a vehicle fire.
One fire appliance from Honiton and one from Ottery St Mary were sent to the location.
On arrival crews found the vehicle well alight and set to work to extinguish the fire using two breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets.
You may also want to watch:
The car was 75 per cent damaged by fire with a further two vehicles also slightly damaged by fire.
The service said the cause was deliberate.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery