Caravan destroyed by blaze near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
A caravan was completely destroyed in a blaze outside Axminster yesterday evening (Tuesday).
A second mobile home was 20 per cent damaged before crews from Axminster and Charmouth could tackle the fire in Wareham Road, Hawkchurch.
The call came in shortly before 9pm and further reports prompted the dispatch of an additional appliance from Chard, a water carrier from Yeovil and an operational assurance officer.
On arrival, the officer in charge confirmed that there were two caravans well alight with gas cylinders believed to be involved.
Crews were extinguishing the fire using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and one main jet.
You may also want to watch:
By 9.14pm all persons had been accounted for and at 9.27pm confirmed no cylinders had been involved and the fire had been extinguished.
A fire service spokesman said one caravan was 100 per cent destroyed by the fire and another was 20 per cent fire damaged.
- 1 Murch's penny farthing is recycled to help tell town's history
- 2 When a waffle is good for your health
- 3 Emma's super shave helps mum's USA cancer battle
- 4 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 5 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 6 Landmark year for Honiton Bowling Club
- 7 Come and get your fish and chips, Cranbrook!
- 8 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Litter pickers unite to launch blitz on untidy blackspots
Crews used two hose reel jets, four breathing apparatus, two thermal imaging cameras and one main jet to extinguish the fire.