Caravan destroyed by blaze near Axminster
- Credit: Archant
A caravan was completely destroyed in a blaze outside Axminster yesterday evening (Tuesday).
A second mobile home was 20 per cent damaged before crews from Axminster and Charmouth could tackle the fire in Wareham Road, Hawkchurch.
The call came in shortly before 9pm and further reports prompted the dispatch of an additional appliance from Chard, a water carrier from Yeovil and an operational assurance officer.
On arrival, the officer in charge confirmed that there were two caravans well alight with gas cylinders believed to be involved.
Crews were extinguishing the fire using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and one main jet.
By 9.14pm all persons had been accounted for and at 9.27pm confirmed no cylinders had been involved and the fire had been extinguished.
A fire service spokesman said one caravan was 100 per cent destroyed by the fire and another was 20 per cent fire damaged.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 6 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 9 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter
Crews used two hose reel jets, four breathing apparatus, two thermal imaging cameras and one main jet to extinguish the fire.