Axminster WW1 coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
Care Service team turns back the clock to raise money for its invaluable community work
Axminster Care Service held a First World War Coffee Morning at The Church Rooms last week and raised £493 to help fund its invaluable community work.
A spokeswoman said they wanted to say a big thank you to all those who contributed and helped to make the event such a success.
Axminster Care Service was formed to fill the holes left by the Health and Social Services provision. Its team of around 60 enthusiastic volunteers provides those in need with a vast range of services- aimed at making life a little bit easier when things get tough, whether that’s from age, disability, housing, or education difficulties.
Amongst its services, the charity provides hospital transport and lunches for senior citizens. It helps many local organisation with funding for projects. The Service is largely funded by its Charity Togs shop in South Street.
You may also want to watch:
Find out more at: www.axminstercareservice.wordpress.com/about-us/
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery