Award for Seaton Memory Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Group is recognised for its caring and effective practices
Seaton and District Memory Café has been given a Quality Assurance Mark for its provision of health and wellbeing services.
The certificate was presented to the group by Mayor Peter Burrows during a ceremony at its Monday meeting in the town’s Methodist Church.
The award is a new initiative of Devon Memory Cafe Consortium (DMCC) launched this year in partnership with the Community and Voluntary Support (CVS) organisations. Action East Devon is the awarding organisation for East Devon and provides support to Memory cafes who want to take up the scheme.
The award demonstrates that the relevant policies and practices ensure safe, caring, effective and responsive services.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton Memory Café chairman and co-ordinator Yvonne Addington said: “I want to thank all the volunteers for their dedication and understanding which is given to the members who attend the Seaton Memory Cafe, which is truly commendable.
“I have great pleasure in receiving the Quality Assurance Award and hope that we, as a team, continue to provide a friendly meeting and support hub for the people working together as a community.”
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Cllr Burrows said: “Once again it is a pleasure to be at the Memory Café to see them get their Quality Award and to thank all the volunteers for their hard work.”
Seaton Memory Cafe is a friendly meeting place for people with memory problems, their families and friends and runs the first Monday of each month 2pm to 4pm at the Methodist Church. For more information contact Yvonne on 07827 813 776 or email email@example.com
To find out more about membership or the support DMCC can offer, go to www.dmcc.org.uk.
To register an interest in applying for the Quality Assurance mark contact firstname.lastname@example.org