Carnival fun heads to Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Don’t miss tomorrow’s grand procession.
Crowds will be flocking to Honiton Carnival this weekend.
The illuminated carnival procession tomorrow (Saturday) will start at 7.30pm. The route starts at Ottery Moor Lane and finishes at Pottery Close.
The parade will start off with the Blackdown Samba Band, who will be playing up through High Street before the main procession led by the fire engine which, all being well, will be pulled along the route this year as part of the station’s fundraising efforts.
This will be followed by the deputy mayor and town crier, who will be riding along in a genuine New York police car, and the carnival royalty float.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s carnival queen is Georgia Curnow and her attendant is Jess Greenslade with princesses Callie Martin and Sian Kelly.
The procession promises to be one of the biggest in East Devon with entries from both Devon and Somerset.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
There will be entertainment outside St Paul’s Church during the day with Honiton Twirlstars displaying their routines before the majorette’s troupe takes part in the procession.
There will also be a steam organ and music from Emily Miller.
Anyone who wishes to collect along the route should use official collection tins which are available from the marshals’ station at Ottery Moor Lane, from 2pm to 7pm, on the day.
There is a best dressed collector competition with a cash prize up for grabs for the lucky winner, which takes place at Ottery Moor Lane at 7pm.