Carnival no fun for under-age boozers
Police seize alcohol and warn parents.
THIRTY-two cans of lager and 10 bottles of alcohol were seized from under-age drinkers during Honiton and District Carnival.
“The seizure of this alcohol has resulted in eight letters being sent to parents informing them of the actions of their child,” said a police spokesperson.
Parents have been warned their children face prosecution - if they are caught twice again within the next 12 months with alcohol in a public place.
During the night, police also issued one direction to leave notice under Section 27 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act and one fixed penalty notice of �80 after a person was caught urinating in public.
You may also want to watch:
Two offenders were issued with fixed penalty fines for public order breaches and two others were cautioned, one for assault and the other for obstructing the police.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op