Carnival no fun for under-age boozers
Police seize alcohol and warn parents.
THIRTY-two cans of lager and 10 bottles of alcohol were seized from under-age drinkers during Honiton and District Carnival.
“The seizure of this alcohol has resulted in eight letters being sent to parents informing them of the actions of their child,” said a police spokesperson.
Parents have been warned their children face prosecution - if they are caught twice again within the next 12 months with alcohol in a public place.
During the night, police also issued one direction to leave notice under Section 27 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act and one fixed penalty notice of �80 after a person was caught urinating in public.
You may also want to watch:
Two offenders were issued with fixed penalty fines for public order breaches and two others were cautioned, one for assault and the other for obstructing the police.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges