Carnival no fun for under-age boozers
Police seize alcohol and warn parents.
THIRTY-two cans of lager and 10 bottles of alcohol were seized from under-age drinkers during Honiton and District Carnival.
“The seizure of this alcohol has resulted in eight letters being sent to parents informing them of the actions of their child,” said a police spokesperson.
Parents have been warned their children face prosecution - if they are caught twice again within the next 12 months with alcohol in a public place.
During the night, police also issued one direction to leave notice under Section 27 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act and one fixed penalty notice of �80 after a person was caught urinating in public.
You may also want to watch:
Two offenders were issued with fixed penalty fines for public order breaches and two others were cautioned, one for assault and the other for obstructing the police.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 6 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Honiton Rugby Club recruitment day