Carnival no fun for under-age boozers
Police seize alcohol and warn parents.
THIRTY-two cans of lager and 10 bottles of alcohol were seized from under-age drinkers during Honiton and District Carnival.
“The seizure of this alcohol has resulted in eight letters being sent to parents informing them of the actions of their child,” said a police spokesperson.
Parents have been warned their children face prosecution - if they are caught twice again within the next 12 months with alcohol in a public place.
During the night, police also issued one direction to leave notice under Section 27 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act and one fixed penalty notice of �80 after a person was caught urinating in public.
Two offenders were issued with fixed penalty fines for public order breaches and two others were cautioned, one for assault and the other for obstructing the police.
- 1 Cars targeted by arsonist in Honiton
- 2 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 3 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 4 Campsite bid for farm to boost business
- 5 New homes released for sale in Seaton with help available for first time buyers
- 6 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 7 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 8 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 9 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 10 Young politicians wanted in East Devon