Carnival presents cash in Dave’s memory
- Credit: Archant
Honiton and District Carnival Committee shows its support for its chosen charities.
Honiton and District Carnival Committee has show its support for causes dear to its heart and presented cheques to its chosen charities for the year.
Carnival president Myrtle Harris handed over cheques for £250 to Alan Rowe MBE, of Honiton based The Baton Appeal, and Help for Heroes.
Both these charities were chosen with and in memory of Dave Hall, who was the manager of the Turk’s Head Lodge and passed away earlier this year.
An additional £130 was donated to the Help for Heroes from the sale of the charities wristbands at the Turk’s Head Lodge and during the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton Twirlstars received £100, who have and continue to support the carnival at fund-raising events.
The cheque presentation, at the Turk’s Head Lodge last week, was followed by the carnival committee’s annual general meeting.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax