Carnival sponsors’ night - PHOTO GALLERY
Honiton and District Carnival now boasts no fewer than 20 sponsors.
Honiton and District Carnival has attracted sponsorship from 20 businesses this year - two more than usual.
The added support is thanks to the tireless work of carnival president Myrtle Harris, who personally approaches businesses every year in a bid to raise prize money.
As a ‘thank you’, she then hosts a special sponsors’ evening at Turks Head Lodge - a treat she pays for out of her own pocket.
This year’s event was held last Thursday and featured a two course meal and celebratory drinks.
You may also want to watch:
Carnival chairman Bill Austin praised Mrs Harris for going out of her way to ensure carnival in Honiton continues.
Each sponsor paid �110. The sponsors are: J R Layzell and Sons, Slade’s, Bests of Honiton, Honiton Garage, F J Jackson and Sons, Thomas Westcott, Midweek Herald, Lloyds TSB, To and Fro Car and Van Hire, Martha Mockford Kitchens, Dorset Auto Spares, Paul Richards Motors, The Bale Group, Michael’s House of Hair, Hillside Garage, The Bed Expert, Mr and Mrs Pat Allen, R T Delve Limited, The Paper Shop and East Devon Garden Care.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme