Cars fail police noise test
- Credit: Archant
Four vehicles tested at Seaton were found to have exhauts which exceeded legal sound levels
Officers from the Axe Valley neighbourhood police teams have been helping drivers put a lid on noisy cars.
The first of two events aimed at motorists who have modified their vehicle’s exhausts took place at Tesco car park, in Seaton.
Local PC Daz Norton thanked the store for its co-operation and said the event had provided an opportunity for drivers to voluntarily attend and have their exhausts tested to see whether they were legal or not.
He said officers also used this time to engage with the drivers about general issues surrounding antisocial driving in the Seaton and Axminster areas.
You may also want to watch:
A number of vehicles were tested using the noise acoustic monitoring equipment which resulted in four failures.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery