Carving out a new hobby
New woodcarving club to launch in Feniton.
A new club for woodcarvers has been set up in Feniton and is appealing for more members.
Feniton Woodcarving Club, which is associated with Exeter Woodcarvers, has been set up by resident Bill Knollman.
Meetings will be held on Wednesday evenings in the Youth Centre, however, the time is still to be confirmed.
The club is open to anybody in Feniton and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
“It is something that is a hobby that the elderly can do with the young,” says Bill.
“It is a good social function.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 9 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
All ages and skill levels are welcome - children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Those who attend can learn more about the basics of woodcarving from the tools and techniques to aspects of health and safety.
Tools and wood materials will be supplied during the sessions and guest speakers will also feature.
Bill added: “It is a hobby that someone can do anywhere.”
Anyone interested in joining can call Bill on 01404 851117.