Cash boost for community groups in East Devon
Local charities and community groups could be in line to receive a cash injection of �2,000 as part of a new scheme being launched by the Co-operative.
CHARITIES and community groups in East Devon could receive a cash boost as a new scheme is launched.
The Co-operative is launching the Big Community Vote scheme where members selected local groups to receive a share of �86,000.
Local charities and community groups are encouraged to nominate themselves now and demonstrate the value of their work to be in the running to receive �2,000.
Nominations received before April 15 will be presented to The Co-operative’s elected members.
You may also want to watch:
They will select up to five groups from their area to go forward to a public vote.
Andrew North, Regional Secretary for The Co-operative’s South and West region, said: “We saw the opportunity to extend the democratic process by inviting our shoppers to help us choose where money should be allocated, so we can make sure that we are supporting groups that mean the most to the people in the communities we serve.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Nominations must be received by Friday, April 15, and voting will close on July 31. For more visit www.co-operative.coop/bigcommunityvote