Cash boost for community groups in East Devon
Local charities and community groups could be in line to receive a cash injection of �2,000 as part of a new scheme being launched by the Co-operative.
CHARITIES and community groups in East Devon could receive a cash boost as a new scheme is launched.
The Co-operative is launching the Big Community Vote scheme where members selected local groups to receive a share of �86,000.
Local charities and community groups are encouraged to nominate themselves now and demonstrate the value of their work to be in the running to receive �2,000.
Nominations received before April 15 will be presented to The Co-operative’s elected members.
They will select up to five groups from their area to go forward to a public vote.
Andrew North, Regional Secretary for The Co-operative’s South and West region, said: “We saw the opportunity to extend the democratic process by inviting our shoppers to help us choose where money should be allocated, so we can make sure that we are supporting groups that mean the most to the people in the communities we serve.”
- 1 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 2 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 7 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Nominations must be received by Friday, April 15, and voting will close on July 31. For more visit www.co-operative.coop/bigcommunityvote