Cash help for “vulnerable” West Dorset property owners
Struggling home owners invited to apply for low interest loans
CASH-STRAPPED home owners in West Dorset are being offered low-interest loans to repair or improve their properties.
The scheme is being run jointly by the district council and Wessex Home Improvement Loans.
It is designed to help “vulnerable” people who cannot afford to borrow money at commercial rates.
Loans will be made available to help finance the installation of energy efficient central heating systems, double glazed windows and safe electrical wiring, as well as to help people needing to make adaptations to maintain their independence or remove hazards.
You may also want to watch:
If West Dorset District Council agrees proposed works are necessary, applicants could be eligible for a loan at a low fixed interest rate of three per cent (3.04 per cent APR).
Leader of West Dorset District Council Robert Gould said: “I am pleased we are able to offer this support to home owners. The recent cold weather conditions offer a good example of why it is important that vulnerable people should be helped to make improvements to their homes without them becoming burdened with high interest loans.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
“This initiative offers low interest loans to help ensure homes in the district measure up to the Decent Home Standard in spite of the challenging economic times many people are facing.”
To find out more about the scheme visit www.dorsetforyou.com/housing or call 01305 251 010.