Cash tin stolen from Honiton shop
Shop was assistant distracted.
TAKINGS from a Honiton clothes store were stolen after a shop assistant was distracted, police have revealed.
A cash tin containing an undisclosed sum was taken from Beauchamp Place, in High Street, between 4.20pm and 4.30pm on Wednesday.
“A white male aged in his 30s distracted a shop assistant while his associate, a male of Asian appearance, again aged in his 30s, stole a cash tin from the premise containing takings from the store,” said a police spokeswoman.
The offenders then made off and were seen to run towards Kings Road on the A35.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death