Cash tin stolen from Honiton shop
Shop was assistant distracted.
TAKINGS from a Honiton clothes store were stolen after a shop assistant was distracted, police have revealed.
A cash tin containing an undisclosed sum was taken from Beauchamp Place, in High Street, between 4.20pm and 4.30pm on Wednesday.
“A white male aged in his 30s distracted a shop assistant while his associate, a male of Asian appearance, again aged in his 30s, stole a cash tin from the premise containing takings from the store,” said a police spokeswoman.
The offenders then made off and were seen to run towards Kings Road on the A35.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges