Celebarate the bluebells at Holyford Woods
- Credit: Archant
Countryside team is planning an action-packed Bank Holiday Monday at the anicent woodlands, near Colyford
There is a chance to celebrate the bluebells at Holyford Woods, near Colyford, this May Bank Holiday.
East Devon District Council’s Countryside team and the Holyford Woodland Trust are inviting people along to the ancient woodland on Monday, May 1.
There is a free dawn chorus walk at 6am, starting from the Seaton Down Hill picnic site and led by experienced bird-watcher, Donald Campbell.
The main Bluebell Day celebrations will continue in Holyford Woods from 11am to 4pm. Visitors will enjoy a magical carpet of bluebells in the woods, as well as homemade refreshments and a variety of free walks and activities to suit all ages.
You may also want to watch:
All activities will start from the Countryside team display trailer, unless otherwise stated on arrival and include guided wild flower and history walks, campfire cooking, stream safari and more.
There will be stalls to browse and representation from a range of local groups including the EDDC Countryside team, Axe Vale and District Conservation Society, Goren Farm and the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
As well as campfire snacks, homemade refreshments will be available with all proceeds going towards the management of Holyford Woods Trust.
There is no vehicle access on the day, and anyone planning on driving should park at Colyford Memorial Hall where a free shuttle bus will be running throughout the day, the first leaving at 11am and the last returning at 4.15pm. Overflow parking is available at Colyton Grammar School.
For more information about Bluebell Day please visit wildeastdevon.co.uk or holyfordwoods.org.uk