Celebrations at Ferne Animal Sanctuary as new rehoming centre opens
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ferne Animal Sanctuary are celebrating after opening their new rehoming centre and raising half a million pounds in less than a year.
The new centre has enabled the sanctuary to double its current capacity and it now looks after up to 50 dogs. Apart from the kennel block, it also includes an improved grooming and veterinary care room, social unit, offices, reception and a retail shop.
Supporters turned out in their droves to join in the celebrations and meet Matt Faulkner, BBC Somerset presenter, who cut the ribbon and officially declared the centre open.
Elaine Hayes, sanctuary CEO, said: “The opening was a fantastic event. Thank you to all our sponsors for their generous donations that have made this possible.
“I am delighted that we have reached our £500,000 target and that our ‘New Digs for Dogs’ is open for business.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about all upcoming events at the sanctuary, and how to volunteer, visit www.ferneanimalsanctuary.org or call the team on 01460 65214.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled