Chance to bid on collection belonging to Deep Purple frontman and rock legend Ian Gillan
- Credit: Archant
A collection of memorabilia and kit belonging to the lead singer of heavy rock group Deep Purple is going under the hammer.
B Sharp, a Lyme Regis-based music charity, is auctioning off the items, belonging to Ian Gillan, tomorrow (Tuesday).
The rock legend and singer songwriter, who used to live in Lyme Regis, became a patron of B Sharp in 2017.
He was so inspired by the charity’s work in helping young people through music, that he donated some of his own equipment, used on tour over the years with the bands ‘Gillan’ and Deep Purple to help raise funds for the cause.
The auction is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to bid for items such as Ian’s drum kit, signed memorabilia, photographs, a number plate from world tours, and notably a handwritten lyric book.
You may also want to watch:
Fans will get the chance to bid for an ‘8 track player and deep purple tapes’, ‘Kilberry Bagpipes’, a Ludwig drum kit, drum skins and signed hardware, Marshall JCM 900 1960 Speakers, a signed Deep Purple poster, various tour posters and many other collectible items.
Local and international interest in the auction, which takes place tomorrow (lots 424-450), is expected to be very high.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
The catalogue can be viewed online at bid.omegaauctions.co.uk
Fans can also follow the auction live via online on the same page on the day of the sale.
Results of the auction can be seen on the website once the sale has finished, and any unsold lots will be listed in a timed auction running until Sunday December, 2.
Hannah Lovegrove, Chair of B Sharp’s board said: “This is really exciting for B Sharp and a fantastic opportunity for anyone who’s a fan of Ian, Deep Purple or the Gillan Band.
“There are many rare and original items in the auction and all the sales will go towards helping B Sharp continue to lead the way in inspiring a new culture of music making as well as creating events and opportunities for young people in the region.”