Chance to view proposals to improve care provision
- Credit: Archant
An event will be held in Honiton next month to give interested people the opportunity to find out about proposals to change and improve the way care for the elderly is provided.
Your Future Care is a proposal by NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon Clinical Commissioning Group (NHS NEW Devon CCG) to provide care and support at home and in the community for the elderly and frail, preventing unnecessary hospital admissions and supporting a faster return home.
The CCG is currently consulting on four options for the future of services in the region. The options up for debate are:
A) 32 beds in Tiverton, 24 beds in Seaton and 16 beds in Exmouth.
B) 32 beds in Tiverton, 24 beds in Sidmouth and 16 beds in Exmouth.
You may also want to watch:
C) 32 beds in Tiverton, 24 beds in Seaton and 16 beds in Whipton.
D) 32 beds in Tiverton, 24 in Sidmouth and 16 beds in Whipton.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The cuts are intended to help plug a £384million deficit by 2020/21.
Health bosses are now keen to hear what people across the county, including North Devon and West Devon, think about an integrated model of care, where the various providers of services work together to promote the health and wellbeing of residents.
They are seeking views on this new model of care by holding several roadshows where residents can drop in for an informal chat and learn more about the proposals.
One roadshow will be coming to Honiton, taking place at The Beehive, in Dowell Street, on Thursday, December 22. The event will run from 2pm to 4pm.
Dr Paul Hardy, a Plymouth GP and chairman of the western locality of the CCG area, said: “Everyone living in NEW Devon should be able to access great care.
“At present, many of our most vulnerable groups and populations receive lower levels of support. We are continually looking to improve the services we provide to ensure that people have the maximum opportunity to retain their wellbeing and independence.
“When asked, many patients say that they would prefer to be managed in their own home, and when this is appropriate we will endeavour to support patients to achieve their wishes.
“We have to find a way to maximise the care we can provide, making the best use of our scarce resources.”
Information on how to register to guarantee a place at the roadshow is available at the CCG’s website www.newdevonccg.nhs.uk