Chance to win tickets to see Roger McGough
- Credit: Photo credit: Colin Clarke ARPS
Roger McGough and LiTTLe MACHiNe will be performing as the prelude to Sidmouth FolkWeek.
Hilarious and surreal, Roger McGough is a poet of many voices, known and loved by many from the heady 1960s days of The Mersey Sound and as a member of hit-making group The Scaffold (Lily The Pink, Thank U Very Much, Liverpool Lou).
His new show with LiTTLe MACHiNe features a hilarious and surreal selection of vintage, classic and surprising poems set to music by Walter Wray, Steve Halliwell and Chris Hardy.
They will be performing at the Ham Marquee, on Thursday, August 2, from 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Tickets cost £20/£16.
Resident readers have the chance to win a pair of tickets to see the performance at the Ham Marquee.
You may also want to watch:
All you have to do is answer the following question:
Of which hit-making group was Roger McGough a member?
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
To enter, visit www.midweekherald.co.uk or www.sidmouthherald.co.uk.
Alternatively, send your answer on a postcard with your name, address and daytime contact number to Roger McGough Competition, East Devon Resident, Archant, Exeter Airport Business Park, Fair Oak Close, Clyst Honiton, EX5 2UL.
Terms and conditions:
Competition closes at 11am, on Friday, July 20. Archant employees and their family members may not enter this competition. Winner will be selected at random after the closing date. Winner must respond to phone call within two days or an alternative winner will be selected.
Usual promotion rules apply - visit www.archant.co.uk