Change of hours for town’s injuries unit
- Credit: Archant
The opening hours of Honiton’s minor injuries unit (MIU) have been temporarily reduced due to staffing difficulties.
The unit is now open from 8am to 8pm every day, two hours earlier than its previous closing time of 10pm.
The changes have been in force since the end of July.
Rob Sainsbury, director of operations for Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, said: “We are experiencing some difficulty in staffing the unit and have made the decision to reduce the opening hours temporarily, to make sure the service is resilient and consistent.
“We are sorry for any disruption this may cause, but our top priority is to ensure we continue to provide a safe service.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening hours for the MIU will be reviewed in the autumn.
More information about NHS services available in East Devon, and opening times, can be found on the NHS Choices webpage: www.nhs.uk.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre