Chard flower arranger to showcase her work
- Credit: Archant
Jackie Nicholls receives two prestigious invitations to exhibit her artificial flower arrangements
Two prestigious invitations to showcase her artificial flower arrangements have been received by award-winning South Somerset floral designer Jackie Nicholls.
The first is from Taunton Flower Show, “The Chelsea of The West”, taking place at Vivary Park, Taunton in August.
Said Jackie. of Ashville Design, near Chard: “I’m thrilled to have been asked back again to showcase my work at such a highly respected event. I’m very excited and am sure this year will be even more impressive than before.”
Another major invitation arrived from Buckfast Abbey, in Devon, to exhibit at its Millennium Garden Fair, celebrating the opening of their Millennium Garden which won an RHS Silver Medal at RHS Malvern’s Spring Festival last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m honoured to be asked to join these unique celebrations at such a beautiful and tranquil location. The Abbey, grounds and the new Millennium Garden are quite simply outstanding”, said Jackie.
Head Gardener, Aaron Southgate said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Jackie with her artificial flower displays. Elegant, crisp and colourful combinations make her work a must for the creative minded.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
“The Award- winning Millennium Garden has been carefully recreated so it now has a permanent place at the Abbey. It is a real privilege to be introducing Buckfast Abbey Millennium Garden Fair to the public. It will showcase many important and diverse rural and garden skills in the South West.
“It will bring us together in a spirit of co-operation and enjoyment for some great charitable causes too. Celebrating 1000 years of monastic presence here and the beautiful grounds will show people what a great welcome we provide. I expect it to be a fabulous day of celebration and fun for all.”
Toby Buckland of BBC Radio Devon fame, along with other gardening and wildlife experts will be hosting talks and presentations, sharing their wealth of knowledge and offering a few gardening tips, too.
For more information visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk 01460 67795 or 07906 259 683 or www.buckfast.org.uk 01364 645500.