Chard home suffers smoke damage after candle left unattended

PUBLISHED: 19:16 23 October 2017

Archant

Two fire engines from Chard and one from Ilminster attended the property in Essex Road at 6pm.

An unattended candle at a house in Chard prompted the fire service to be called after smoke was smelt.

Two fire engines from Chard and one from Ilminster attended the property in Essex Road at 6pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “On arrival crews confirmed the fire was involving a candle left unattended and had already been extinguished by the occupier.

“There was slight smoke damage to the property and crews used a positive pressure fan to remove the smoke.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald