Pupils win coveted places at Colyton Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
A number of Chard School pupils are celebrating after being awarded places at Colyton Grammar School (CGS).
Nearly 70 per of the year 6 children who sat their 11+ examination in September gained places at CGS.
Headmistress Katie Hill said: "Colyton Grammar School is a selective school and has enjoyed great academic success, ranking it amongst the best schools of its type in the country.
"We are delighted that almost 70 per cent of our Year 6 pupils who sat the Colyton entrance exam have gained places at the school.
"This is a great achievement for the children and reflects the hard work and dedication that they have applied to their learning throughout their time at Chard School.
You may also want to watch:
"Many congratulations to pupils Hugh Hopkins, Isaac Poole, Robbie Irving-Bell and Sophia Holland."
Chard School is holding an open morning on March 20, from 9.30am to 11.30am, and invites visitors to tour their school and facilities. For more information or to register your interest call 01460 63234.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust