Chardstock duck race raises £800 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Generous locals splash out to sponsor 514 competitors in this year’s record-breaking river race
Villagers at Chardstock turned out in force to cheer on competitors in their annual duck race on Sunday (June 11).
Some 514 sponsored ducks were released into the River Kit, the winner completing the course in a record time.
Chardstock Street Fayre Team, which organises the race, thanked all who supported the event and helped to raise nearly £800.
A spokesman said: “The Great Chardstock Duck Race took place in the idyllic setting of the meadows of the River and was yet another wonderful community activity in the village - and not a single duck was harmed.”
You may also want to watch:
The main beneficiaries of Street Fayre fundraising activities this year will be The Project - a local organisation focusing on the mental well-being of young people - Devon Freewheelers, Devon Air Ambulance, Chardstock Cricket Club and Chardstock Community Hall Trust, as well as other local good causes.
The team’s next major fundraiser is Chardstock Street Fayre on Saturday, September 2.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery