Chardstock’s big cash payout
Groups share in street fayre profits
MORE than �3,500 was handed to local organisations at a presentation night in Chardstock.
The bumper give-away was the result of the village’s hugely successful street fayre in September.
This year’s main beneficiary was The Chardstock Park Trust – a new committee set up to rejuvenate the village play park.
They left the ceremony at The George with a cheque for �2,500.
You may also want to watch:
Other recipients included:
Chardstock Amateur Dramatic Society (�200), Chard U15’s & U16’s Rugby Club (�200),while the following groups each received �100:
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 An unacceptable imposition on hard-working councillors
- 3 Exeter Science Park builds back greener with space for 100 new jobs
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 7 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 8 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 9 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 10 Flower show is back after two-year break
Chardstock St Andrews Primary School; Chardstock Christmas Presents and Tree; St John’s Ambulance; Devon Air Ambulance and Chard Fire Brigade.
Receiving �50 were Chardstock Newsletter; Chardstock Church Flower Group and Karizma Majorettes.
Fayre committee chairman Sarah Williamson said: “We’d like to thank all those who make the day possible by helping, entertaining, sponsoring or visiting the event and the fundraisers in the build-up to fayre day.
“This year we had a fantastic summer open air family concert with the Wessex Big Band which was very successful and we hope to repeat a similar event next year, fingers crossed for good weather again.”
To find out more about Chardstock Street Fayre please visit the website www.chardstockstreetfayre.co.uk.