Charity Christmas cards on sale in Lyme and Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Lyme Regis TIC is now selling a range of festive cards to aid worthy causes
Charity Christmas cards have gone on sale at the Tourist Information Centre in Lyme Regis.
Urging people to support the initiative Cllr Peter Shorland, Chairman of West Dorset District Council, which runs the TIC, said: “In the past ten years, charities have received more than £40 million from Cards for Good Causes, representing at least 70p in every pound.”
Charity cards are on sale at all the West Dorset TICs where people can also get information about Christmas events, buy theatre tickets and tokens.
Cards for Good Causes has also opened a shop in Axminster Heritage Centre.
You may also want to watch:
It offers a wide variety of cards to suit all sorts of tastes – from traditional, contemporary, or ones to make people smile.
Operating until December 9, Monday to Saturday, the opening hours are 10am to 4 pm daily. There is also be a range of Christmas goods including wrapping paper, gift tags, candles, stocking fillers, and traditional Advent calendars.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre