Charles and Camilla spotted in Kilmington
Royal scarecrows frighten the birds as village prepares for Jubilee celebrations
MEMBERS of the royal family have been popping up in some unusual places around Kilmington recently – frightening the birds.
Villagers have been busy making a collection of posh scarecrows as part of their Jubilee celebrations.
Charles and Camilla are amongst some of the colourful creations, taking up their royal residence outside David Vickers’ home at The Beeches, in Shute Road.
Charles is seen embracing nature while holding a spoof copy of the Royal Horticultural Society’s ‘tree huggers’ guide’ while his wife is holding what appears to be a large gin and tonic in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
You may also want to watch:
Kilmington’s full programme of Jubilee events can be viewed at www.kilmingtonvillage.com
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone