Charles and Camilla spotted in Kilmington
Royal scarecrows frighten the birds as village prepares for Jubilee celebrations
MEMBERS of the royal family have been popping up in some unusual places around Kilmington recently – frightening the birds.
Villagers have been busy making a collection of posh scarecrows as part of their Jubilee celebrations.
Charles and Camilla are amongst some of the colourful creations, taking up their royal residence outside David Vickers’ home at The Beeches, in Shute Road.
Charles is seen embracing nature while holding a spoof copy of the Royal Horticultural Society’s ‘tree huggers’ guide’ while his wife is holding what appears to be a large gin and tonic in one hand and a cigarette in the other.
You may also want to watch:
Kilmington’s full programme of Jubilee events can be viewed at www.kilmingtonvillage.com
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event