Charter Day a ‘tremendous success’
Organisers say Honiton showed itself off at its best.
Honiton showed itself off at its best during Charter Day.
That is the view of Vernon Whitlock, chairman of the annual event’s organising committee.
Thousands flocked to Honiton on Saturday to enjoy a feast of free entertainment - from a classic car show to live music, displays and stalls.
“The day was a tremendous success,” Mr Whitlock said. “It was Honiton showing itself off at its best.
You may also want to watch:
“There were visitors in town from not only this country but all over the world.
“Everyone I spoke to commented on the great atmosphere and what a lovely, friendly town we have.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby
Mr Whitlock, who is also Mayor of Honiton, added: “Charter Day is an opportunity for local groups and organisations to promote themselves and raise funds.
“I would like to thank all the organisations and individuals who worked so hard to make the day a success and also everyone who supported us.”
Photo gallery to follow. Revisit this website shortly.