Charter Day a ‘tremendous success’
Organisers say Honiton showed itself off at its best.
Honiton showed itself off at its best during Charter Day.
That is the view of Vernon Whitlock, chairman of the annual event’s organising committee.
Thousands flocked to Honiton on Saturday to enjoy a feast of free entertainment - from a classic car show to live music, displays and stalls.
“The day was a tremendous success,” Mr Whitlock said. “It was Honiton showing itself off at its best.
“There were visitors in town from not only this country but all over the world.
“Everyone I spoke to commented on the great atmosphere and what a lovely, friendly town we have.”
- 1 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 2 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 3 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 4 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 5 Local Tesco donates to Arc Axminster
- 6 Warm golfing welcome to Honiton's new ladies captain
- 7 Tell us a Story
- 8 DCC survey shows the condition of Devon's roads has improved
- 9 Sheep, socks, sleet and glorious mud with Axe Valley Pedallers
- 10 Sexual offences rose more than 15% in Devon and Cornwall, crime figures reveal
Mr Whitlock, who is also Mayor of Honiton, added: “Charter Day is an opportunity for local groups and organisations to promote themselves and raise funds.
“I would like to thank all the organisations and individuals who worked so hard to make the day a success and also everyone who supported us.”
Photo gallery to follow. Revisit this website shortly.