Charter Day fun 2013
- Credit: Archant
Honiton’s ancient market charter celebrated.
A packed programme of activities and entertainment attracted visitors and locals alike to celebrate Honiton’s ancient market charter at this year’s Charter Day.
The festivities last Saturday included performances by Honiton Twirlstars, the Tudor Dancers, and music from Emily Morris and The Amycrofters, as well as a bell ringing demonstration at St Paul’s Church.
Honiton Gymnastics Club and the Queen’s Rangers also entertained crowds in Allhallows Field along with a display of vintage vehicles.
There was also a blast from the past with an interactive photographic display at St Paul’s Church depicting Honiton past and present.
You may also want to watch:
However, the concert in the Millennium Green with Honiton’s Town Band was cancelled due to the weather.
For more pictures see next week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon