Charter Day is back!
- Credit: Archant
Honiton is gearing up to host its annual Charter Day celebrations this month - and there is a host of fun attractions on offer.
This year’s event is being held on Saturday, July 23, and a day of entertainment is promised to every visitor.
From 9am to 4pm, there will be a traditional market in High Street, complete with music, dancing and theatrical entertainment. A charity market will also be held from 10am to 4pm, in Northcote Lane.
Honiton and District Lions Club will be providing attractions at Allhallows Field from 10am to 4pm, including a classic car rally.
There will also be a family fun dog show, arena displays by Honiton Gymnastics Club, a performance from local dance group - including Twirlstars - and children’s rides.
You may also want to watch:
Food and drink can be purchased on the field as well.
The day will be capped off with a concert at Millennium Green in Honiton. Live music will be provided by Honiton Town Band.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Attendees are asked to take a picnic blanket and their own seating.
Refreshments will be provided and people can chance their arm in a raffle.
Further information about Honiton Charter Day can be found on the Lions club’s website - www.honitonlions.org.uk