Chemical spill at Axminster Hospital
Firefighters from three towns called to mop up after disinfectant leak
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Axminster hospital this morning (Monday, January 31) after a chemical spillage.
Wearing breathing apparatus the crews from Axminster, Colyton and Lyme Regis used their spill kit to mop up around two litres of the powerful disinfectant Aperlan
The liquid was taken out of the building and left with the hospital’s chemical team to dispose of.
** Used to sterilise medical instruments Aperlan is said to destroy all known bugs. Based on ‘Active Oxygen’ it is a blend of peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid.