Chemical spill road has reopened
Highways officials say work to clear lime from the Musbury to Whitford road has been completed
UPDATE 5.50pm: The road between Musbury and Whitford is now open.
UPDATE 4.30pm: The road between Musbury and Whitford - closed earlier today (Wednesday) following a large spillage of lime - is expected to reopen shortly, highways officials told The Herald at 4.30pm.
A spokesman said the hope was that the route would be clear by some time this evening.
Around a two to three-mile stretch of the Whitford Road was affected by the chemical leak and highways teams had to work quickly after fears the wind could blow it into the nearby River Axe.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known whether any pollution of the waterway has occurred.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event