Axminster’s Big Dinner provides a feast of fun
- Credit: Archant
The town’s revived Cherry Fayre ends on a high note
Axminster’s Cherry Fayre reached a mouth watering climax on Friday when the town centre was turned into a giant eatery
The Big Dinner was a celebration of the West Country’s finest food and drink which saw a host of street food sellers serving a wide variety of mouth-watering dishes.
Local bands and musicians, including the first group to play on the church roof, kept the crowds entertained, supported by demonstrations by Axminster Gymnastics Club and the Uplyme Morris.
Cindy Furse, chairman of Light Up Axminster which organised the fayre, said: “The amazing weather just added to the atmosphere of the evening, as several hundred people enjoyed all that was on offer.
You may also want to watch:
“Axminster’s Big Dinner was the last event that made up The Cherry Fayre, the resurrected eight day festival marking the granting of the Royal Market Charter of 1210 to the town. Light Up Axminster would like to thank everyone for coming along, getting involved or helping out along the way.”
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery