Chickens stolen by rural thieves
Crime figures more than double for Honiton rural area.
Crime in rural Honiton has risen - a jet ski, safe and chickens were amongst the items stolen in recent weeks.
For the period covering March, overall recorded crime figures more than doubled - from 10 in 2011 to 22 in 2012.
There were nine crimes in Dunkeswell, including two burglaries where a safe and a motor vehicle were stolen from commercial premises.
The vehicle was later recovered on the Devon and Somerset border.
You may also want to watch:
A jet ski and trailer were also stolen from a secure commercial compound. A number of cannabis plants were also found at a business premises in the area.
In Gittisham, jewellery was stolen from a house and there was also a public order offence on the A30 involving two drivers.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Three chickens were also stolen from a field in Yarcombe.
Anyone with information on any of these crimes is urged to call police in Honiton on 101.