Children can sign book for Queen
Church of England schools taking part.
Children attending Church of England schools across East Devon are being invited to send the Queen personal messages to mark her Diamond Jubilee.
The messages are to be compiled in a leather-bound book which will be presented to the Queen by the Lord Lieutenant of Devon at a garden party in May.
It will include an introductory message from the Bishop of Exeter, handwritten in ink pen, and the Diamond Jubilee prayer.
School children and churchgoers will be able to write on pages of the book as they go on a tour of the diocese during March and April.
You may also want to watch:
The pages will be on display at Exeter Cathedral from April 28 to May 15.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West