Children can sign book for Queen
Church of England schools taking part.
Children attending Church of England schools across East Devon are being invited to send the Queen personal messages to mark her Diamond Jubilee.
The messages are to be compiled in a leather-bound book which will be presented to the Queen by the Lord Lieutenant of Devon at a garden party in May.
It will include an introductory message from the Bishop of Exeter, handwritten in ink pen, and the Diamond Jubilee prayer.
School children and churchgoers will be able to write on pages of the book as they go on a tour of the diocese during March and April.
The pages will be on display at Exeter Cathedral from April 28 to May 15.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown