Children spread the message of peace
Talented pupils in the Axe Valley showcase their artistic talents in a peace poster competition.
Talented pupils in the Axe Valley have been spreading a message of peace after winning a peace poster competition.
Seaton and District Lions Club recently staged its annual peace poster competition at Seaton and Colyton primary schools.
Amiya Young won first prize at Seaton Primary School, along with Victoria Pauhala (2nd) and Amanda Mettam (3rd).
At Colyton Primary School, Sam Broom was crowned the first prize winner followed by Lily Sweetland in second place and Courtney Hartnell in third.
This year’s theme was children know peace.
Each year the Lions clubs around the world sponsor the Lions International peace poster competition in local schools and youth groups.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 9 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 10 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
Seaton and District Lions Club awarded book tokens to the winners, who also received a certificate of achievement.
Awards were also presented to winners Amy Rosling, Hannah Wooldridge, Katie Richards, Samuel Arnold and Aiden Herbert from Axminster Community Primary School by Axminster and District Lions Club.
Winners at Musbury Primary School included Petra Garner, Chloe Hewitt, Hannah Wright.
At Shute Primary School awards were presented to Annabelle Stidwell, Hannah Lidiard Doores and Caleb Sinclaire, and Mrs Ethelston’s Primary School winners Issy Cullimore, Ben Prosser, Magenta Williams - Fleur Gardner-Wray was highly commended.
The winners from each school will now go through to the district, national and international rounds.