Children urged to educate dog owners
Dogs Trust unveils Poop Scoop Week campaign.
The UK’s largest canine welfare charity, the Dogs Trust, is calling on schools across Devon to show their support for responsible dog ownership by backing the Paws Up for Poop Scoop campaign.
“We want Poop Scoop Week in July to be about saying thank you to well-behaved dog owners, but also to remind the irresponsible minority that their dog can’t pick up after itself,” said the Trust’s chief executive, Clarissa Baldwin. “Dog fouling is a problem the charity is determined to tackle.
“The campaign slogan ‘Bag it and Bin it’ is a simple reminder to all dog owners.”
Children are being urged to remind dog owners to scoop the poop.
You may also want to watch:
To take part go to www.poopscoopweek.co.uk
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 7 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 8 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style