Chimney blaze at Tytherleigh

PUBLISHED: 08:56 01 April 2016 | UPDATED: 08:56 01 April 2016

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Axminster firefighters called to incident involving a wood burning stove

Firefighters from Axminster were called to a chimney fire at a property in Chard Road, Tytherleigh, yesterday evening (Thursday, March 31).

On arrival at around 7pm the crew confirmed that the fire involved a wood burning stove.

The incident was dealt with from the grate using chimney gear and a thermal image camera.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald