Chimney fire at Gittisham

PUBLISHED: 17:28 11 April 2012



Small fire found.

Firefighters from Honiton were called to a small chimney fire at a thatched property.

Two fire appliances attended the incident at Beaumont Cottages in Gittisham, at 11.27am, today (Wednesday).

Crews found a fire in the hearth of a property, which involved a birds best.

The thatch was not affected.

Chimney gear, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera were used to extinguish the fire.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald